Experience necessary: High School Diploma or greater required. More than one-year experience working in a public facility, in the capacity of building management, security or parking attendant is required. Special consideration is given to candidates with one year of experience in theater. Security Certificates a plus!
Nature of Work
The ideal candidate will ensure the safety and well-being of all guests, members, colleagues, patrons and visitors of The Moss Center. The building attendant will strive to provide the highest degree of professional and courteous service. This position endeavors to maintain, and will always attempt to improve, the status of safety and security within and around the facility and grounds. The building attendant will effectively use all the tools at their disposal and care for the assets of The Moss Center. The Moss Center is a worldclass, multi-disciplinary performing arts center in the heart of the Town of Cutler Bay.
Environmental Concerns: some positions require standing for long periods of time in a variety of weather environments. May include overnight shifts. Must be available to work evenings and weekends and have a flexible schedule.
- Protect property and lives by patrolling the area.
- Detecting suspicious activity and threats to property or people.
- Daily reporting of all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
- Monitor entrances of property through camera surveillance.
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents.
- Guard against theft and maintain security.
- Respond to all alarms and calls of distress.
- Call for aid if necessary.
- Use short-wave radios and cell phones to stay in contact with other attendants and management.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during nonbusiness hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Regulate and monitor building systems.
- Manage parking lot signs.
- Manage parking list.
- Manage traffic flow from cross walk to theater.
- Escort customers or employees to their vehicles if needed.
- Give directions as needed.
- Create Work Orders for any damages and fixtures in the Work Order system.
Knowledges, Abilities and Skills
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation. Willingness to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply Instructions:
- Go to our career site or if you are a county employee login via our website
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application