Youth Dance Classes
We are proud to offer Youth Dance Classes at The Moss Center as a means of fostering a lifelong love of dance and the arts to the youth in our community.
The reduced pricing of these classes is intended to assist families who are experiencing financial limitations (see requirements below).
The following information will help you and your child be prepared for our classes.
Contact Nicole Pedraza at email@example.com or call 786-573-5313 for availability and registration instructions.
Registration for the Fall 2023 session will take place Saturday, Sept. 9 from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Dennis C. Moss Cultural Arts Center's Lab Theater.
Registration will be first-come, first served, and will close early if classes hit full capacity. Please read below for information on costs and registration requirements.
- One-time $50 annual registration fee per household plus $90 per child, per 12-week class
- Annual registration fee is based on MDCPS’s school year
- All fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds or credits for missed or canceled class days
- Because the classes are at a reduced cost, proof of some type of government assistance (ex. SNAP program, Medicaid, CHIP program, Proof of Residence in Public/Subsidized Housing, etc.) is required to be shown at the time of registration
Fall 2023 Class Dates: Sept. 26 - Dec. 13
- Monday, Oct. 9
- Thanksgiving week: Nov. 20 - 23
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. | 50 minutes | Ages 10 to 16
In this contemporary dance class, students will build on their creativity, self-confidence, flexibility, strength, and vocabulary. Students will learn conditioning and flexibility exercises to prepare their bodies for physical movement and will learn movement sequences paired to music. Students will learn that dance is a great physical outlet for expressing and communicating their emotions nonverbally.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. | 50 minutes | Ages 7 to 10
- Students must be the age of 7 by the end of January to enroll in this course.
This beginning/intermediate Hip Hop class will introduce students to basic hip hop skills. Students will learn how to keep a rhythm, work together in a group setting, and advance their coordination and multitasking skills. Students will be encouraged to learn how to retain choreography, learn new skills/dance steps, and perform on stage
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 p.m. - 6:50 pm | 50 minutes | Ages 11 to 16
In Hip Hop 2, older/more experienced students will expand their hip hop vocabulary. This class will be more advanced than Hip Hop 1 by including more difficult movement sequences, choreography, and musicality! Students will continue to build collaboration skills, coordination, and multitasking skills by dancing together in a group.
Meet the Instructors
Please direct questions regarding the dance class programs at The Moss Center to Nicole Pedraza at firstname.lastname@example.org | 786-573-5313 or Annie Hoffman at email@example.com | 786-573-5319.