We are proud to offer Youth Dance Classes at The Moss Center as a means of fostering a lifelong love of dance and the arts to the youth in our community.
The reduced pricing of these classes is intended to assist families who are experiencing financial limitations (see requirements below).
Contact Nicole Pedraza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 786-573-5313 for availability and registration instructions.
Registration for the Fall 2023 session will take place Saturday, Sept. 23 from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. at the Dennis C. Moss Cultural Arts Center's Dance Rehearsal Studio.
Registration will be first-come, first-served, and will close early if classes hit full capacity. Please read below for information on costs and registration requirements.
- Because the classes are at a reduced cost, proof of some type of government assistance (ex. SNAP program, Medicaid, CHIP program, Proof of Residence in Public/Subsidized Housing, etc.) is required to be shown at the time of registration
- One-time $50 annual registration fee per household plus $80 per child, per 10-week class
- Annual registration fee is based on MDCPS’s school year
- All fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds or credits for missed or canceled class days
- Thanksgiving week: Nov. 20 - 23
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. | 50 minutes
In this contemporary dance class, students will build on their creativity, self-confidence, flexibility, strength, and vocabulary. Students will learn conditioning and flexibility exercises to prepare their bodies for physical movement, and will learn movement sequences paired to music. Students will learn that dance is a great physical outlet for expressing and communicating their emotions nonverbally.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 p.m.-5:50 p.m. | 50 min
- Students must be the age of 7 by the end of January to enroll in this course
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 p.m.-6:50 p.m. | 50 min
*Hip Hop Dance Instructor Headshot and Biography coming soon!
Please direct questions regarding the dance class programs at The Moss Center to Nicole Pedraza at email@example.com | 786-573-5313 or Annie Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org | 786-573-5319.