We are very pleased to offer dance at the Moss Center as a means of fostering a lifelong love of dance and the arts to our community. The Education Department is proud to expand our dance class offerings to adults who are interested in the art of ballet.
Please see below for a class description and additional details about the Adult Ballet class we are offering this Spring 2023.
Suitable for adults 18 and over – Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Have you always wanted to dance? Are you a retired dancer who wants to move their body again in a safe space? This adult ballet class for beginner/intermediate levels will introduce or reintroduce you to the fundamentals of ballet and take you through a traditional ballet class with modifications if necessary. The class will also include conditioning fitness exercises that facilitate ballet technique.
Duration of Course:
This is a 9-week course that runs from Wednesday, January 18 through Wednesday, March 15, 2023. The class meets twice a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays.
There will be no classes on the following dates:
- Monday, January 23
- Monday, February 20
- The full 9-week course is covered by a one-time fee of $135.
- Class meets twice a week, and students are encouraged to attend both classes each week. Attending class one day a week is permissible if scheduling conflicts exist. The one-time course fee of $135 is the rate for attending twice a week and/or one time per week.
- All fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds or credits for missed or canceled classes.
- What should be worn to class? Is formal ballet attire required?
- Are ballet buns required? What if I don’t know how to do a ballet bun/my hair is not suitable for a ballet bun?
- Are pointe shoes allowed?
- Will there be a recital or end of course presentation?
- If I start the classes and change my mind, or cannot for any other reason attend the classes anymore, can I get a refund?
Please direct questions regarding the dance class program at The Moss Center to Nicole Pedraza at email@example.com | 786-573-5313 or Annie Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org | 786-573-5319